Saturday, October 23, 2010

Home Is Where the Heart Is

I love to travel. In fact, in the past 8 years I've lived in one dorm, one sorority house, two houses, three apartments and one cabin. I've moved from Ohio to West Virginia, back to Ohio and have now set up home in Pennsylvania.


Our first home together in Ohio, the cabin we built <3


I'm always on the move. My fiance' jokes that "all activities, all day" is my motto. He's probably right. But as I always reply, "Who needs sleep anyway?" Sleep is what we do between activities, or- as it is more often than not in my case- in the car on the way to said activity :-)
I'm blessed to have a wonderful and super supportive fiance' (Noah), who, thanks to him, has given me the courage and support to start doing something that I have always wanted- writing books! Although I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to write about or even who my target audience will be (that's my journalism background peeking through), I figure the best place to start is writing about what I love and that is to travel!
I'm going to use this blog to keep everyone updated on where I'm traveling to now, how the book is going and just some neat things I'm seeing/doing/learning along the way.

So, may the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.  (Johnny Deep's famouse line from the film "Blow")

1 comment:

Joy said...

yay! I'm so pumped to hear about all of your adventures and follow along! Also, I'm SO excited you're going to write a book. I just finished my first one! It is so much fun. The next few months are going to be amazing! Love you! xoxo