Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pink! Pink! Pink! October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

October is breast cancer awareness month, which hits very close to home for me as my grandmother is a breast cancer survivor! I'm loving this year's "Fight Like a Girl" theme I'm seeing everywhere. So in honor of her strength, courage and never-ending love, I'm dedicating this very pink blog post to my grandmother, Eva.

January 30, 2010 as a part of my friend Maggie's bachlorette night and thanks to my newly engaged adictions to Bridal shows on Lifetime, I decided to treat her to a "Candy Buffett." I found most of the decor at the local dollarstore and got a local bakery to make chocolate lips on sticks- they were great for photo-ops.
Champagne glasses for the toast! (Found these at WalMart)

Artificial rose petals sprinkled around added a little color

The candy bar!
I used wine glasses to display the candies in. I also found the litte place card photo frames at the
Dollar Store and used them as display cards for what kind of candy each wine glass contained.

Chocolate lip suckers

I sat candles on small mirror plates and lit them during the festivities


And ta-da! Candy-bar bachlorette party! Simple and pink!

No comments: